Members of the Oakland Schools ESL/Title III Advisory Council include representatives from all 28 Oakland County school districts, Oakland Community College, as well as several charter and private non-profit schools. Meeting quarterly, the Council discusses changes to the rules and regulations regarding ESL/Title III Programming, Instruction, and Assessment, and develops strategic plans for implementing these changes to ensure high quality educational opportunities for all English Learners.
Please join us in mi PLACE by requesting to join the group "English Learner Educator Community".
Any new ESL/Title III Coordinators/Directors/Program Administrators (within the last two years or so) are welcome to join us in the mornings to learn more about Title III programming, rules, and compliance issues.
Resources from our October 19, 2016 meetings can be found in our English Learner Educator Community group in miPLACE.
AGENDA January 11, 2017 Title III Advisory Council Meeting
- MDE Updates
- Guidance for Effective Use of ESL Paraprofessionals
- Using Illuminate to Track FEL Data
- WIDA ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Assessment
- New WIDA Screener
- Refugee Issues & Resources
- OCC Updates
- OSTC: Programs & Enrollment Best Practices for ELs
- MITESOL 2017 & Other Professional Learning Opportunities
- Supporting Diverse Learners in Mathematics Project Update
AGENDA January 11, 2017 Title III New Director's Meeting
- Pressing Needs & Questions
- Program Development Resources
- Student Identification & Placement
- Parent and Community Engagement (required under ESSA)
- Parent Notification & Parent Rights
- Updated OELA ELL Tool Kit Chapters 3-6