We hold a meeting each April for new programs interested in providing GSRP the following year. Unfortunately, however, at this time we are unlikely to receive additional GSRP slots from the state. This means that new programs would need to receive slots currently given to established programs. Our polices state that current programs are allowed to maintain their current level of filled slots except if the need in their area for slots changes or the program's quality is not at expected high levels. Therefore, the likelihood of new programs receiving GSRP slots is quite small.
What is the Great Start Readiness Program PowerPoint.
GSRP Slot Prioritization
Early Childhood Program Participation also referred to in the meeting as the, "Candy Cane," chart.
Oakland Schools has mailed and e-mailed out a GSRP Invite to all licensed child care centers in the Oakland Schools service area. A meeting will be hosted on Tuesday, April 12th from 9:30 - 11:30am in Conference Room C at Oakland Schools. If you are interested in attending, please contact Shawn Makuch at 248-209-2201 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Below are resources related to the April 12th meeting.
Application Directions and Additional Information:
- A Letter of Intent is due by 6:00 PM on Monday, April 25, 2016. It must be emailed to Joan.firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by that deadline in order for your center to be eligible to receive a grant. There is not a form for the Letter of Intent.
- The completed cover page, answers to all questions (program and financial) of the GSRP Grant Application and signed GSRP Assurances and Certifications are due by 6:00 PM on Monday, May 2, 2016. The grant must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by that deadline. No late applications will be accepted or considered.
- A copy of the program current enrollment packet and parent handbook must be included with the application. Please submit a copy of the guidance or discipline policy if not in the parent handbook.
- Site visits will be scheduled with finalists during May, 2016. Programs currently operating GSRP in other counties will also have visits to at least one of those sites.
- Final decisions will be made and all applicants notified by June 6, 2016 of priority placement.
- Actual awards of slots will be made within one week of Oakland County receiving its slot allocation for 2016-2017 from MDE.
- An Appeals Process for Community Child Care Centers Not Receiving GSRP Funds is available.
- If there are no qualified applicants, no award will be made.