Data Analysis and Local Parent Advisory Committee Cycle
Oakland Schools has developed a sample Data Analysis and Local Parent Advisory Committee Cycle to support programs in implementing a program evaluation and improvement plan that meets GSRP requirements. This is a sample cycle and programs are able to adopt a different model as long as it meets the GSRP requirements. The GSRP implementation Manual provides these bulleted lists as a quick glance of required components:
Data Analysis Team
- Early Childhood Specialist (ECS) as leader.
- Made up of teaching teams, supervisor, parents, and specialists/stakeholders.
- Meets minimally 3 times each year.
- Analyzes aggregated program and child outcome data by sub-recipient.
- Sets goals and monitors progress toward goals.
- Reports to the local GSRP Advisory Committee, school board, parents and the public.
Local Parent Advisory Committee
- Annual orientation/training to instill confidence in parents as active group members and decision makers.
- Includes representation from GSRP teaching staff.
- One parent for every 18 enrolled children.
- A focus on local considerations, including recruitment/enrollment, Preschool Program Quality Assessment (PQA) results and child outcome data.
- Meets minimally twice per year.
- Liaison to the Great Start Collaborative Parent Coalition (GSPC).
Oakland Schools Developed Resources
To support programs in facilitating Data Analysis and Local Parent Advisory Committee meetings the following resources have been developed:
Baseline Data Analysis and Goal Setting
Initial Local Parent Advisory Committee Meeting
Mid-Year Data Analysis and Goal Setting
End of Year Local Parent Advisory Committee Meeting
End of Year Data Analysis and Goal Setting