Welcome New Students to Oakland Opportunity Academy
Classes and schedules for the Oakland Opportunity Academy are designed to meet the needs of the learner, to offer quality instruction in a flexible schedule, and to prepare the high school student for success in college and careers. Earn your diploma from your home school.
- Certified teachers and tutors to work with each student in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Programs designed for your goals, your learning style and your pace.
- Master the skills you need AND earn the credits for your diploma.
- Blended learning for direct and online learning.
- Project-based learning designed for student interest and achievement in core subjects.
Career Focused Education:
Career learning programs offered include:
- Automotive Technology
- Auto Collision Repair & Refinishing
- Food & Beverage Preparation
- Computer Applications
- Business Management
- Marketing and Sales
General Enrollment Questions
Q. At what age can a student enroll?
A. Eligible students must be enrolled at their home school.
(Clarenceville, Huron Valley, Novi, South Lyon, Walled Lake, West Bloomfield).
The OOA population is made up of high school juniors and seniors.
Q. When does school start and end?
A. Please refer to school calendar for more information.
Start of the day is 1:30p.m and dismissal is 8:00p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Q. When is the enrollment deadline for the 2013-14 school year?
A. It is recommended that enrollment begin in the Fall.
Enrollments must be initialized by the students home school counselor.
Special circumstance enrollments are allowed during the school year.
Q. How much does it cost?
A. There is NO cost to families.
OOA is provided by Oakland Schools in partnership with local school districts.
All tuition, materials, equipment, and services are fully funded.