Oakland Schools and William Beaumont Hospitals have partnered to offer high school students opportunities to learn about emerging health care careers. Two session of the series are offerend annually, fall and spring.
- Eligibility: 10th - 12th grade students living in or attending high school in Oakland county that have complete Biology and Algebra 1
- Cost: $25 (Refund Policy: Email notice of cancellation my be received 7 business days prior to the event.)
- Lunch: Students will need to bring a bag lunch with them as food is not available for purchase at all location
- Attire: Students should wear business casual attire unless otherwise noted in session description.
- Imaging Technology: Investigate what "Imaging Professions" means. With the use of computers, light boxes, and medical equipment, students will explore different imaging professions and their diagnostic and treatment purposes.
- Laboratory: Explore the modern medical laboratory disciplines of urinalysis, toxicology, phlebotomy, and tissue analysis through video and hands-on activities.
- Nursing: Spend the day with experienced Registered Nurses exploring every aspect of their fast paced world.
- Occupational and Physical Therapies: Explore athletic and balance training, industrial rehabilitation, and vision rehabilitation through a full body work shop. (Please wear work out clothing.)
- Pharmacy: What role does a pharmacist play in a hospital? Come learn more about this while getting a tour of the hospital facility.
- Surgical Services: Work side by side with Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Registered Nurses with the Human Simulators in our Mock Operating Rooms in our Surgical Learning Center to learn about preoperative nursing and surgical technologies.
Registration for the Fall 2016 session will begin on September 12, 2016.