Oakland Schools and William Beaumont Hospitals have partnered to offer high school students opportunities to l earn about emerging health care careers. Two session of the series are offerend annually, fall and spring.
- Eligibility: 10th - 12th grade students living in or attending high school in Oakland county that have complete Biology and Algebra 1
- Cost: $25 (Refund Policy: Email notice of cancellation my be received 7 business days prior to the event.)
- Lunch: Students will need to bring a bag lunch with them as food is not available for purchase at all location
- Attire: Students should wear business casual attire unless otherwise noted in session description.
- Imaging Technology: Investigate what "Imaging Professions" means. With the use of computers, light boxes, and medical equipment, students will explore different imaging professions and their diagnostic and treatment purposes.
- Laboratory: Explore the modern medical laboratory disciplines of urinalysis, toxicology, phlebotomy, and tissue analysis through video and hands-on activities.
- Nursing: Spend the day with experienced Registered Nurses exploring every aspect of their fast paced world.
- Occupational and Physical Therapies: Explore athletic and balance training, industrial rehabilitation, and vision rehabilitation through a full body work shop. (Please wear work out clothing.)
- Pharmacy: What role does a pharmacist play in a hospital? Come learn more about this while getting a tour of the hospital facility.
- Surgical Services: Work side by side with Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Registered Nurses with the Human Simulators in our Mock Operating Rooms in our Surgical