Prepping for MI Open Book
The 2015 Materials Release has arrived! Click on "Download" and fill out the survey to receive the link to the materials at: http://textbooks.wmisd.org
With the release of the MI Open Book materials now here, those wanting to make sure their district's technology is ready for the books should consider the following:
On all devices:
- If you are downloading one copy to push out using management software, please visit the MI Open Book website downloads page before doing so to indicate the anticipated number of devices that will use the materials. This is important for reporting on the reach of the project.
Reading the books on an Apple device:
- Make certain you have the latest version of iBooks installed and uploaded on all of your devices.
- The final version for Apple devices can be downloaded off of the iBooks store.
Reading the books on a Chrome device:
- Install the free "Readium" extension on all devices that will be using the books. NOTE: MI Open Book materials may work in other e-readers, but we are only officially supporting Readium.
- The final version for Chrome Devices will eventually be downloadable from the Google Play store, but due to Google's temporary closure of the store to new publications, this will not be the case at launch.
- In the interim, the final version for Chrome devices can be downloaded from the MI Open Book website using the "Download" tab on the main page (http://textbooks.wmisd.org).
Reading the books on a Windows machine:
- Install the latest version of Adobe Reader on all devices that will be using the books. NOTE: MI Open Book materials may work in other PDF readers, but we are only officially supporting Adobe Reader.
- OR: Install the free "Readium" extension to Chrome using the directions above.
The final version of the Windows Interactive PDF version is available from the MI Open Book website using the "Download" tab on the main page: http://textbooks.wmisd.org