It is the goal of the Oakland Schools Financial Services Department to provide accurate, timely and detailed information to all internal and external stakeholders with an emphasis on transparency, collaboration and continuous improvement.
What We Do
The Oakland Schools Financial Services Department records and reports all financial transactions of the organization in the General Education, Special Education, Career Focused Education, Special Revenue, Debt Service, Capital Projects and Enterprise Funds. The Financial Services Department provides the following services:
- Develop and manage budget, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, and grants accounting.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations and reporting.
- Provides fiduciary oversight of the financial resources of Oakland Schools.
- Provides temporary operational support to the school districts in Oakland County.
- Provides full service business office support via intergovernmental agreement to certain school districts in Oakland County on a cost recovery basis
Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting
Oakland Schools has been the recipient of the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting for our Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for 18 out of the last 19 years. The Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) International presents this award for having met or exceeded the program's high standards for financial reporting and accountability. Click the links below for additional information: