ISD Annual Website Report FY15-16
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​INTRODUCTION

Oakland Schools welcomes the opportunity presented by PA 413 of 2004 that requires each of Michigan's 56 intermediate school districts to post certain information on our websites by December 31 of each year, beginning in 2006. This section of the Oakland Schools website provides detailed information about who we are, what we do, who we serve, costs, and cost-savings to our constituent districts.

Oakland Schools: Learning Today. Transforming Tomorrow.

In our Continuous Improvement Plan, Oakland Schools lays out six strategic directions that guide the work of the intermediate school district and provide the framework for departmental planning and initiatives:

  • Maximize learning
  • Increase collaborative opportunities
  • Build the capacity for continuous improvement
  • Close gaps and reduce inequities
  • Advocate for public education
  • Foster communication and engagement

Nearly 93% of the Oakland Schools budget in FY 15-16 was fo​cused on direct services to local school districts. The remaining 7% was dedicated to indirect services to the schools we serve. Click here for more information. Oakland Schools has, upon board approval, posted our monthly financial reports on our website as a transparent way of demonstrating responsible stewardship of taxpayer dollars. Click here to view the financial reports.

The data provided by this Annual Website Report tells only part of the Oakland Schools story. We invite you to further explore how we leverage economies of scale with our many products, services, collaboratives, and regional resources by visiting other areas of the website. Review highlights of our District Service Report as well as our Oakland Schools Continuous Improvement Plan. For additional information, please contact our Communication Services Department at 248.209.2145.

OAKLAND SCHOOLS ANNUAL WEBSITE REPORT

Required components of Public Act 413 of 2004 amended the Revised School Code by adding Section 620, which requires each intermediate school district (ISD) to post certain information on its website by December 31 of each year, beginning in 2006 (with 2005-2006 data). Click here to view the Michigan Department of Education Guidelines for complying with Section 620 of the Revised School Code. The required components of the report include information in the following categories: