Oakland Schools Educational Audiologists support Local Education Agencies (LEAs) servicing students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. Our goal is to improve educational outcomes of children with hearing loss.
- Provide student evaluation for eligibility determination in collaboration with LEA teams
- Describe the educational impact of hearing loss with parents and educators
- Conduct Hearing Assistive Technology (HAT) evaluations for students
- Configure and customize HAT to optimize the use for individual students
- Provide technical assistance and support to LEA staff on the application of HAT and resolution of technical issues
Educational Audiology services are available to LEAs with the submission of the District Service Request (DSR), available through the district's office of special education.
If you have questions concerning Educational Audiology services, please contact the Educational Audiologist currently serving your district.
Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Clarenceville, Clawson, Farmington, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Lamphere, Madison, Oak Park, Royal Oak, Southfield & West Bloomfield
Brandon, Clarkston, Holly, Huron Valley, Novi, South Lyon, Walled Lake & Waterford
Mary Anne Santoro
Avondale, Lake Orion, Oxford, Pontiac, Rochester, & Troy