1. Industry-Recognized Certifications:
Oakland Schools Technical Campus (OSTC) students earned 2,460 Industry Recognized Certifications during the 2015-2016 school year. 43% of all OSTC students earned at least one.
2. Pass Rate on State-Identified End-of-Program Assessments:
According to federal Perkins Core Performance Indicators, 40.1% of Oakland County Career and Technical Education (CTE) students passed state-identified end-of-program technical assessments during the 2014-2015 school year.
3. Academic Credits Recommended:
The OSTC recommended 2,036 graduation credits be transcripted by the home districts for student academic achievement completed at the campuses students during the 2015-2016 school year.
4. Total College Credits Earned:
In 2016-2017, Nine OSTC students are taking Dual Credit courses at Macomb Community College 20 students are enrolled in the first cohort of our Oakland Technical Early College.
5. Potential Cost Savings for Students from Articulated College Credits:
In 2015-2016, OSTC students potentially saved $490,050 in college tuition by qualifying for articulated college credits.
6. Percent of Students Placed in Workbased Learning Experiences with Industry Partners:
13.7% of Oakland Schools Technical Campus students participated in at least one Workbased Learning experience during the 2015-2016 school year.
7. Percent of Students Progressing to Each Post-secondary Pathway
Of the OSTC students who completed their CTE Program of Study in 2014, and responded to the annual Follow-Up Survey:
- 97.3% were either working or continuing their education.
- 79.2% had continued on to post-secondary education.
- 47.1% were pursuing an Associate's degree.
- 41.2% were pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
8. Percent of Students with a Current Educational Development Plan:
79.2% of 7th-12th grade students in Oakland County school districts and public school academies which use Career Cruising completed an Educational Development Plan during the 2015-2016 school year.
9. Enrollment in Career and Technical Education Programs:
17,468 students participated in 182 state-approved CTE programs in Oakland County during the 2014-2015 school year.
10. Graduation Rate for Career and Technical Education Students:
According to the federal Perkins Core Performance Indicators, 96.6% of Oakland County CTE students who completed at least 60% of their CTE program during the 2014-2015 school year earned a high school diploma or equivalent.